How is it easter already? I’ve only just managed to pack all the tinsel back in its box and finish off the quality street. With the season of chocolate eggs now upon us I thought it only right to honour this with my own chocolate based recipe. Been as it seems the only thing I can bake muffins it is again however these aren’t just any old muffins, these are surprise muffins!
Now I hear you all say, “Chloe, what is it that makes these surprise chocolate muffins”, well I shall tell you. With being as nutty about Nutella (couldn’t resist) as I am I couldn’t no include it as a nice gooey surprise when you bite into!
INGREDIENTS (to make 12 large muffins)
2 1/2 mugs of self raising flour
1/2 mug of drinking chocolate
1 mug of brown or white sugar
1 1/2 mugs of milk
3/4 mug of vegetable oil
Paper cases and muffin tin (stripy muffin cases from T K Maxx)
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees fan oven/200 degrees/ Gas mark 6
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, then add the ‘wet ones’.
- Fill a case half full of mixture and add a small dollop of Nutella into the centre. Then fill up rest of the case with cake mixture.
- Bake them in the oven for 20/25 minuets depending on the size of you muffins.
- best served warm for a melty middle :)
(quickly tried to take this photo so the Nutella wouldn’t spill on my beautiful paper :P )
Twitter at @ChloeNatKnott
Instagram at @chloenatalieknott
Facebook at Fabric Forward
Bloglovin at Fabric Forward
or my board on Pintrest at Fabric Forward